Tuesday, March 10, 2009

to visit, or to be visited

Since school is rough, I started planning a trip home for June. The school year ends with May, and June 7th will be my first anniversary in country. Northwest weather is best in the summer. The appeal of a trip to the states was to taste all I've been missing: see family and friends, eat sushi and strawberries, windsurf and sail, go hiking in the gorge, and communicate in my native language.

However, I'm suddenly reinvigorated about life in Cameroon, because of my upcoming job switch. If I leave in June for the land of plenty, I'll lose the new wave of motivation and energy I have for work here. Instead, I hope to start working at the Women's Center in June. Maybe by the time summer tourism ends and flight prices go down, I'll be ready for a visit.

If you'd like to see me before then, please consider a visit here! I hope to visit all ten regions of Cameroon before leaving, and would love to do some of the touristy things with you (climb Mt. Cameroon, safari with elephants and girafes, visit the jungle and coast...) My post is a relatively luxurious city, but we can visit villages too. You have to get some shots to come here, but, you won't have to hire a travel agent or an interpreter!

2 comments:

  1. Well, next summer, 2010,maybe I can get a month vacation and visit. I had not seen this entry when we spoke earlier! I will have to train to climb Mt. Cameroon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I was just surfing on your blog and thought I should introduce myself. I am steve, I am an engineer currently working in yaounde Cameroon. I graduated in the USA before going back home over 7 years ago. I see you are in Cameroon as well, What do you do and I hope you are enjoying the country.

    Yours sincerely,

    Steve T.
    lecamer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete